Wednesday, April 26, 2006

THINGS YOU CAN'T SAY ON A BUSINESS CARD

If you saw me last month, chances are you heard what happened to me with these guys over my misguided use of a very cool business card.

It's a Hugh business card that says: "Quality isn't job one, being totally fucking amazing is job one"

I chose it for a few of reasons:

1) I think it is true
2) I thought it had stopping power
3) I thought it could turn viral
4) I like the word fuck
5) I believe it pays off to take risks

I also had a back up card that did not read so scandalously; I used that one when I thought my "fuck" card would not be received well.

I did not get the uber-cool-2-year-6-months-at-4-IPG-agencies-in-NY-program job, maybe because of my card.

I was right about number 3

I was wrong about number 5, at least in this case.

My viral card made it over to the side that I figured would not appreciate it. Long story short (It's a short story), I got a distressed call asking me what I could have possibly been thinking distributing a business card with the word "fuck" on it.

Today I saw this business card, from this company in the UK.

I wonder how many clients they have passed by with a card like that... I wonder how much money they have made with a card like that...

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you have some updating to do to your blog mister!-Smash

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Stephy Pool said...

umm...maybe mention that we Won, or did we, what does it mean when there is a list and a 1. by your name? Pooli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home